Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Inspiration: Non-Knitting Style

Before I show you some pictures of clothes/fashion that I ran into this week I just wanted to say that I didn't do a healthful living post this week because I am, for lack of a better term, taking a break.  My medicine is un-regulated again so I'm concentrating on doing what I need to do until I'm better (eating protein and carbs, etc.)  I hope to be better (or good enough) by next week to really start it up again.  I'll still be doing things like environment and crunches in my physical section.

Okay, enough of that, here are some pictures! =]


This first look is from A Beautiful Mess Blog.  This is a blog of an co-founder of a store that makes and sells vintage inspired (or purely vintage) clothing and accessories.  Following her blog is a treat to the eyes!  She consistently posts lovely post with beautiful pictures of her own inspirations and going's on in her shop. It's really a fascinating look into a personal business.  I realllly love this dress.  A year ago I would have despised it because of the floral print but now...I love it.  Funny how that happens. 


Her is a picture of one of her fashion makeover works. (A Beautiful Mess blog).  Braids are coming in again and this spring they will probably be everywhere.  I wish I was good at styling hair because if I was, I would do this hairstyle.  I love it.  I think it could be easily used for formal, business formal and informal wear.


Another A Beautiful Mess item.  This floral skirt is actually sold in their shop for $36.  I think it is very lovely. Feminine but casual. Check out the shop if you have a chance! They have a variety of wonderful clothes in many different styles.


This picture is from the Sartorialist. I love this big scarf (practically a stole) and knit cardigan.  She also has a leather jacket over her cardigan (if I'm not mistaken) but it still works wonderfully.  

The Satorialist is a fantastic blog.  He photographs for style more than fashion. Here is a quote from his biography, if you're interested (sorry it's kinda long!):

I started The Sartorialist simply to share photos of people that I saw on the streets of New York that I thought looked great. When I worked in the fashion industry (15 years), I always felt that there was a disconnect between what I was selling in the showroom and what I was seeing real people (really cool people) wearing in real life... I thought I could shoot people on the street the way designers looked at people, and get and give inspiration to lots of people in the process. My only strategy when I began The Sartorialist was to try and shoot style in a way that I knew most designers hunted for inspiration. Rarely do they look at the whole outfit as a yes or no but they try and look for the abstract concepts of color, proportion, pattern mixing or mixed genres.

And last but not least!

This is a picture from (yet again) A Beautiful Mess blog.  It was posted today and I'm pleasantly reminded of The Sound of Music.


Lovely, don't you think? I really like how the sleeves are shaped. 


Well that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed and if you did go ahead and check out those blogs, you will not be disappointed!



Love,
LeeAnn

No comments: