Friday, February 11, 2011

A day to remember: The beginning of a new Egypt

 
Today former Egyptian President Mubarak has stepped down, giving power to the military to oversee the transition of government to a democratic one as the people have asked for.


I was terrified last night that today would be a day of violence, bloodshed, and massacre.
Thankfully no further blood was spilled to meet the demands of the demonstrators.



My heart is overjoyed that so many people from so many different walks of life could come together and (for the most part) peacefully demand changes with one voice.


I am so thankful that the military did not take any action against the demonstrators.  They acted as peacekeepers and I am so very impressed.


Time will only tell what will happen next but I do wish that peace will prevail.
I do hope that under what will be Egypt's new government that they will value the peace that they have had with Israel and they will fight to keep it intact.


I have been watching the all English news station out of the middle east that can be found here to keep up with events going on in Egypt.



Quite amazing that all of this started with youth on facebook and twitter...



Don't lose sight of your goals Egypt!


Love,
LeeAnn

No comments: