Monday, January 17, 2011

Finished Project: Peacock

 
Peacock
Size made: One size fits all
Craft: Knit

Materials
Needle used: US 11 circular
Yarn used: Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids
Color: Royal (Blue) and White
Use yarn again? Yep

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: October 21st to October 22nd, 2010
Made for: Daddy
Modifications: The only change I made was that I used a worsted weight yarn instead.  Dad just doesn't need a heavy hat (it calls for super bulky yarn) and I prefer the extensive color palette of this yarn.
Make this pattern again? Yes I think so! I would like to do a subtle variegation that has white in it as a secondary color and white as a primary color.  I would also like to do the yarn weight called for if not at least a bulky weight yarn.  This pattern was very fun and such a quick knit. I'm also very happy with the patterns in this magazine! I can't wait to do more in this issue.
 What I learned in this pattern: Lifted Twill Stitch 

Final Thoughts:  I like this hat and it was really fun to make but I think I will have to try it again with the right weight yarn (Bulky I think) and see how it looks for dad. I think that the worsted weight looks too tight even though it isn’t tight. I might even do it again with a worsted weight held double to give him a really warm hat.




Love, 
LeeAnn

No comments: