Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finished Project: Bookcover

Size made: One size fits all
Craft: Knit

Needle used: US 10 circular
Yarn used: Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids
Color: Royal (Blue) and White
Use yarn again? Yep

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: October 25th to October 26th, 2010
Made for:  Daddy- to match his Peacock hat.
Modifications: I cast on 60 stitches and did the join in the pattern (leaving 59).  I then followed the pattern Diamond Lifted Twill until desired length (which for me was 14 repeats/10"). Then I bound off a few over half of the stitches in the main color and knit the rest of the stitches (26) in the secondary color. I continued knitting in stockinette stitch adding the button hole when I wanted to (keeping in mind the possible width of a book).  I then bound off and took the main color and added a border of single crochet around the stockinette stitch hat to have clean edges. Finally I added the button and weaved in ends.
Make this pattern again? I do like it but it is for this one occasion and person. I wanted to make him a bright, easily noticeable hat and book-cover because he travels a lot (especially for the book-cover to reduce the chance of losing the book).  Dad has started the habit of using rubber bands around his books and to mark his place. He then stuffs his books unceremoniously away- crinkling the edges!  Good books should never be treated this way, thus the matching book-cover! I hope that he will find it useful!
 What I learned/practiced in this pattern: Lifted Twill Stitch (practiced) 

 (Pictures with the new color nook; an early birthday present and highly recommended!)



Anonymous said...

Like this blog :) Great pics! Love you!
xxxooo mommy

jamie said...

Wow, that stitch looks complicated but it produces a great result! I wish my family wanted me to knit them stuff. The bookcover and the hat both look great! :D