Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: A New Perspective

This past year, the year 2010, I have come to learn to accept myself and love myself more than ever before.
I have been physically and mentally limited by my body and I have overcome it. But most importantly, I have emotionally overcome it and grown from it.  

~

I have perfected my ability to bake cookies.
I have vastly improved on my knitting skills.
I have begun to see that my personal worth is more than the grades I earn.



My limitation are numerous but I have the strength (and admittedly, stubbornness) to overcome them.
~

I have my mother and father, who love me, spoil me, nurture me and encourage me to keep going.
They stand behind me; watching more than guiding.
They are ready to catch me should I fall and give me a push back up.

I have my boyfriend Vlad, whose patience, smile and unconditional love make this world a beautiful place for me.  He gives me hope in humanity.  Hope for the future of our kind.
Because of Vlad and my parents, I believe that there is still hope that this world can become a better place.

~

Next year, I will strive:
 ...to feel even more confident in myself
...to take more steps to becoming a women and a wife
...to not waste a moment of this year
...to make friends with more people and share the joy of living and loving with them.

 ~

 To you, my reader,
I wish you a year of struggles and happiness.
I hope that even if you do not overcome all of your obstacles and challenges to come, that you will not give in. I hope that you will not settle for 'good enough.'
Please, strive for the best. Fight with your all for all you can be.


Happy 2011, to you and yours,

Love,
LeeAnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And spiritually? My hope for you in 2011 is that you will realize and accept God exists and that Christ died and rose for YOU too.
Forever I love you.
xxxooo love, mom