Monday, September 6, 2010

Star Wars Marathon- 30th Aniversary

A while ago Vlad and I took part in a Star Wars marathon all day.  Though we are huge fans and love Star Wars it was hard on us..but we made it all the way from Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace to Star Wars VI: The Return of the Jedi.

To really get into the Star Wars mood and get lost in this amazing galaxy that Lucas created I got...
Wookiee Cookies Cookbook

This book is full of fun, simple recipes.  I think it was made for the purpose of parents to create in kids an interest in cooking and to show them the fun of it.  Here was our menu for the day:
Breakfast: Oola-la French Toast (which was super yummy and my first time making french toast!)
Snacks and Drinks: Yoda Soda and Jabba Jiggle
Dinner: Galaxy Grilled Cheese
Dessert: Bossk Brownies

Here are some pictures of our festivities!

This is Yoda Soda (a lime drink with lime sherbet).

This is our Jabba Jiggle (Vlad really liked this...but it's not my thing)

Here is Vlady cooking our Galaxy Grilled Cheese 
(Vlad cooks the best Grilled Cheese ever!)

And for dessert I made some Bossk Brownies with some changes. 
I added mini chocolate chips (1/2 cup) and another 1/2 cup of the white chocolate chips in addition.
I think these were the best brownies I have ever tasted and the were so rich!


This was a lot of fun and I really look forward to making more from this cookbook. Other things include:
Bobba Fett-uccine, Dark Side Salsa, Ewok Eats, Greedo's Burritos, Jawa Jive Milkshakes, Mos Eisley Morsels, Obi-Wan Kebabs, TIE Fighter Ties, Tusken raider Taters, and of course, Wookiee Cookies.

There is also a sequel of this cookbook out that I am hoping to get my hands on someday.
Until then,

May the force be with you!


Love,
LeeAnn


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looked like a great time you had. Wish i was there but had to work. I guess Mom and I should do this with you one day.

neat stuff,
Love,

Dad

LeeAnn Purtha said...

it was fun =]
we should do it because then we can make some of the more complex stuff and I can make you some killer french toast =]