Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finished Project: Dad's Manly Coffee Cup Cozy

 
 
 Dad's Manly Coffee Cup Cozy
Size made: One size fits all
Craft: Knit

Materials
Needle used: US 7 dpns
Yarn used: Loops & Threads: Impeccable
Color: Solids- dark blue/navy blue
Bought at: Michaels
Use yarn again? Sure. This yarn is pretty good and I really like the vast variety of color choices, both solid and variegated. It is also pretty cheep and has a lot of yardage in one skein.

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: September 5th, 2010
Modifications: I used a different size needle because I don't have US 8 dpns. Other than that I just did exactly what the pattern said.
Make this pattern again? Yes I do believe so.  These have chance to be extremely addictive.  The only thing is dpns seem to be particularly difficult on my hands.  In the hour or so it took me to finish this my fingers were already starting to hurt.   This was also my first cable I have done.  I'm surprised with how easy it was and am sure that I did something wrong but it looks right...
Oh, and the reason why it is so dark is because daddy wanted a manly color that wouldn't show any coffee spills and this yarn was on hand! haha!



Love, 
LeeAnn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love it! you can make me one too :)
xxxooo
mommy

LeeAnn Purtha said...

jjjeeeeeeezeee

gimme a break mom!

I'm still working on the lat thing you asked me to make >_<

haha! Love you!

LeeAnn