Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Finished Project: Vlady's 2011 Christmas Hat

Vlady's 2011 Christmas Hat
Size made: His dome is 24"
Craft: Knit 

Materials
Needle used: US 7 (4.5 mm)
Yarn used: Noro Silk Garden
Color: Rainbow? (lost tag =[ )
Total Yardage Used: 0.9 skeins: 99 yards
Bought yarn from: Dragonfly Yarns in Surprise, AZ

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: December 11th to December 18th, 2011
Modifications: Because this was a DK weight yarn I cast on 84 stitches with US 7's. I made it as long as I could until I was scared to run out of yarn. I probably could have done one more repeat but that's okay. The goal was to have this hat be a nice fitted slouchy hat. It fits very nicely and I think it will get slouchier the more he wears it. =]
Make this pattern again?  This is the second time I made a hat from this pattern and I still love the results. I definitely will be making another one maybe for me this time!
Final Thoughts/Recommendations: Definitely recommend this pattern, especially as a gift for a guy. 

Love,
LeeAnn

No comments: