Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One A Day: The Beginning Post

Hello everyone!
I'm participating in a Knit/Crochet Along that is just starting up!  This is my first post for it and I'm pretty excited to take part in this!  Here is a quick description of what One a Day is about by the lady who started it, Gingerbread Girl.
The original idea of the One a Day Project was to pick a larger project and work just one element of it everyday until it's finished. There was such a lot of interest in the idea of 'One a Day' that I started a Ravelry group which you can find here. I'm loving that because it's not a tradition KAL/CAL people are using the group to work on all kinds of projects and it's so much fun seeing what everyone is choosing to use the group for. I'm really delighted that we have 220 members is just over a week too. Please come and join in if you haven't already!
 I thought that this Knit/Crochet Along was just the ticket for me because I just started classes (and from the last post, you know how that is going! lol).  So by just doing one row, or one repeat a day I can still make progress but not let it interfere with my classwork (if I can just stop at one a day!)

So I'm really excited.  I'm going to be going between two WIP's to work on them and finish them up.  The first one I'll mention is my second Horai Stole! One a Day for this equals one pattern repeat (four rows).
Here is a current picture:
I'm really looking forward to seeing this stole bloom after it's blocked!

The second pattern that I'll be doing for this One a Day KAL is a baby blanket I just recently started.  For this blanket One a Day equals one or two rows.  Here is a current picture:
Isn't it beautiful? =]

I'm sooo happy with this project so far!
So this is my K/CAL I'm taking part in!  Feel free to join me and the others!  Let me know if you do, so I can see your progress too! =]


Love,
LeeAnn

p.s.  I think you're supposed to post on Tuesdays your progress.  I'll only post pictures it if it's a noticeable difference though but I'll try to keep updating every week! We'll see!




14 comments:

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

It's so great to see such a range of projects for this CAL/KAL - I am loving it already :)

Carole said...

What pretty projects you have picked. I'm really getting the urge to try out the feather and fan - it looks so lovely.

Thanks so much for joining in One a Day xXx

Shateen said...

very beautiful indeed!!

Rainy Day Crafter said...

Your projects are looking beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing them grow :)

HillyT said...

What a lovely wavy baby blanket, it will be beautiful.

jamie said...

What beautiful projects! That sounds like a wonderful group! If only I didn't have so many WIPs with deadlines I'd do it. Maybe after the holidays are over I'll do something similar.

Hazels Crochet said...

Yes your only supposed to post your photos on Tuesdays, which suits me fine :)

I really like your pattern for the baby blanket, its very cute!!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Both lovely projects, I totally know what you mean about the difficulty of stopping after one repeat :D

karisma said...

Yes it is beautiful. Both are going to be just lovely! :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely projects to keep you busy when you find down time. I love the band you spotlighted in another post. Off to add them to my FB.

Bella Bee And Me said...

I love the colour of the stole, gorgeous! And the baby blanket looks so cute and delicate! Both wonderful projects! Is there a baby in mind for that blanket?
Kier x

LeeAnn Purtha said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!!! =D

@Chrisknits: I'm so glad you liked them!

@Bella bee and me: I wish there was a baby in mind =[ Sadly there isn't. I'm hoping to sell it so that I can make some spending money. =]


Thanks again everyone for your comments! They really are so encouraging! =D

Love,
LeeAnn

Deb Hickman said...

Hi, I've popped over from OaD, loving your projects and look forward to seeing the progress. I'll be joining in from next week with you all. Deb xxxx

* said...

The colour of your stole is just stunning, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished and blocked.