I know I've been away for quite awhile and wonderfully my excuse is because so much has been going on! Here is a quick rundown of some of the things!
1. Daddy had an angioplasty. This was to just check the arteries to make sure that everything was working out properly because he had an odd result for a test. Thank goodness he went and did it quickly!!! Dad had a 95% blockage in one artery and an 80% blockage in another. The doctor put stents in right away. Everything was a success and dad was released from the hospital the next morning. I'm so proud of him and I'm so happy that everything went great. I hope daddy takes this opportunity and doesn't waste it. Now he has two vital arteries fixed so it will be easier for him to work out. I hope he takes this wake up call to heart and really takes advantage of all he has been given through this procedure and the marvels of modern science. I love you daddy and I want you to walk me down the aisle. I want my kids to know you. I love you.
2. For my birthday daddy and mommy gave me a present (or two..or three). The first one was flying Vlady out to see me for three whole weeks! This is the main reason I haven't been updated. I've just been hanging out with Vlad and enjoying our time together. It was such an amazing surprise and both Vlady and I are so grateful.
3. The second gift was my sister Cara visiting for my birthday party(which was my third gift!) It was so nice having Cara there. We have a very unique relationship as sisters. We have never really fought and we are years apart in age. She is one of the few people I really truly look up to and idolize. Cara is my inspiration to really do things. Cara knitted me a scarf for Christmas one year and because of that I really wanted to learn to knit. I have been wanting to be more healthy and be able to walk and run. Cara has been doing marathons lately(!) and having her at my house and going for a run one morning really encouraged me to get out there.
4. Which brings me to another thing I've been up to. Vlad and I have been going for walks in the morning with the dogs. Sometimes we even run a bit. We're trying to work me up to be able to do it on my own and to even get to the point where I am running. We have also been taking the dogs to the dog park for the first time! They have been doing pretty good though Roxie gets overwhelmed by the bigger dogs and has taken to nipping a bit. Here is some pictures I really like from our walks!
5. My third gift from my parents was my birthday party. This was my first birthday party in 3 years and I turned 21 years old! It was an open house with a few drinks (mainly just beer and girly drinks!) and tons of my friends and family came. I loved seeing all of them there. It wouldn't have been a special event without them. A few people in particular that I was especially pleased to see were my godparents Uncle Andy and Aunt Patty! I hadn't seen them in awhile and it was so nice to be around them again. It was a different experience for me because I am at an age where I can carry on conversations with adults so we really talked and it was so nice! =] Another few people that I am really thankful came (especially because I know that they sacrificed to come) are: Bob and Karen Bailey, Uncle Gill, Aunt Debbie, David and Grandma, Jen and Cary, Kristen, and Mike, Steph and family (who came all the way from Goodyear with a 4 month old baby Jazz!). Thank you so much everyone for making my birthday special and thank you to my parents for giving me a wonderful memory.
6. I wanted to leave you with some pretty pictures of some bunting and tiny hearts that I crocheted as decoration for my party. I had mom's help on the bunting so I could get it done in time! Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of my decorations while they were up for the part but I did get pictures of them in their new home, my room! I'll do a finished project post on this later (hopefully fairly soon!) but until then here are some pictures!
I hope you all are doing great! I've been keeping up on blogs and they have been all so wonderful and inspiring lately!