Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A LYS Visit: Yarns at the Adobe in San Luis Obispo, California

We went to LYS's today around the Pismo Beach area.  I'm surprised there aren't more here actually.  There was one is Pismo Beach, California and one in San Luis Obispo.

The one I was most happy with was the one in San Luis Obispa. It's called Yarns at the Adobe.  I really loved it. The had a trunk show of Never Not Knitting there at the time.  It was a very small store but they used as much space as possilbe and jammed packed it with pattern booklets, luxery yarn, knitted samples and not too much of the major yarn brands that you can get anywhere. 
I really enjoyed this shop and wish I could have hung out at it more.  They have a patio and sitting area in the back that looks lovely and like it would be a lot of fun, unfortunately it was a rainy day today so it wasn't ideal to try it out. 

The yarn I got here was soooo lovely, here, loook!!!
And this yarn is the yarn mommy got! WOW! right?!
So we got some Madelinetosh yarn in prairie.  My color was Forestry and mommy's was Fathom.  I think it's rather fitting! =]  It looks like we'll both be doing shawls with them.

Here is the yarn shop website:
Yarns...at the Adobe in San Luis Obispo, California
p.s. the hours on knitmap and Ravelry are incorrect so be sure to check the hours on their website!



Hope you're having a great night!


Love,
LeeAnn

No comments: