Monday, January 31, 2011

Finished Project: V-Day Hug


V-Day Hug
Size made: about 7" long; 19" around.
Craft: Knit 

Materials
Needle used: US 7 (4.5 mm) circular
Yarn used: Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids (263.1 yards)
Color: Cadet 01106
Bought yarn from: Michael's in Arizona
Use yarn again? Yep! Super soft, machine wash and dry,  lots of yardage per price.

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: January 27th to January 28th, 2011
Made for: My beautiful sister, Cara 
Modifications: This project has you knit two of the lace patterns then graft them together.  Instead of doing that I just knit the pattern until it was long enough.  A reason I could give for this is that I wanted to be sure I got it done with enough time to send it off..but honestly, doing it the original way just sounded like way too much of a hassle and I'm not that fantastic at grafting yet.  I also decided not to block this.
Make this pattern again? Yes, I'd like to try this pattern the original way because I think it looks lovely the way it was designed and the shortcut way I did it.

Final thoughts/ recommendations: This was a very fun project and a super fast knit! Great for last minute gifts!

What I learned/practiced in this pattern: Reading lace charts.



Love, 
LeeAnn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, honey. Cara will love it :)
xxxooo mommy

LeeAnn Purtha said...

I can't wait to see it on her! I think it will make her blue eyes look incredible! =]

Julie said...

So pretty!! I love lace done with chunkier yarn, it looks so modern.

LeeAnn Purtha said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed this pattern. It was done so fast!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Can I have the patteren Please?
Thank YOu