Monday, December 6, 2010

Finished Project: Oscilloscope


Oscilloscope
Size made: One size fits all
Craft: Knit 

Materials
Needle used: US 9 (5.5mm) circular needles
Yarn used: Cascade Yarns 220 Heathers (354.2 yards)
Color: 9491: Heather Grey
Bought yarn from: A local yarn shop in Sheldon, Washington
Use yarn again? Yes indeed, I really do love this yarn! It's so nice and wow, it's so warm!

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: November 12th to November 17th, 2010
Made for: Me!!!
Modifications: none on purpose! =]
Make this pattern again? Oh my, yes indeed!  I fell in love with this pattern when I saw it the first time perusing the magazine and it was a huge factor in me purchasing this Knitscene. I really enjoyed this pattern and it worked up pretty dang fast.  I would like to try it in maybe a lighter weight bright or lightly colored yarn for a summer shawl and just repeating the increase and decrease charts until it is my desired length.  I also think this would be a fantastically gift-able project because of it's simplicity.  (If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of texture! haha)  Anyway, I definitely recommend this pattern.  I really like hwo this pattern embraces the curling of stockinette stitch by creating the I-cord edging, brilliant! (Although it was rather confusing to me at first so I looked up how to make an I-cord so I would have a visual idea in my head-never made an I-cord, imagine that!)

 What I learned/practiced in this pattern: Shawl construction from corner to corner. Practiced chart reading and also learned the I-cord edging.



Love, 
LeeAnn

4 comments:

Julie said...

It looks fantastic!! This has been on my to-knit list for a while, it looks so comfy and wearable. great job!

LeeAnn Purtha said...

Thank you thank you!
It was pretty interesting to see it take shape and wonderfully fast! I definitely recommend it!

Unknown said...

I have the magazine and have been trying for 2 days now to make it work but the chart is confusing and it doesn't look right when I follow it. Could you help me? Do you have a written version of it. I found corrections on it that make even less sense. It looks great and really want to do it.

Unknown said...

Can you be more specific about the I-cord edging because this one confuses me too much. If I always slip the last 3 stitches and always slip the 1st one or sometimes the first 3 st it just doesn't look right at all I end up with a loose stitch hanging loose. SO frustrated!!! I wish a written version was available because maybe it would make more sense. I wanted to make it for a friend.