Monday, July 19, 2010

Relief from the Heat!

This last Saturday was a fantastic day for my family and me.  Mommy, Daddy, Vlady and I went to Prescott for the day to escape the heat.  For those of you unaware, this means that we left the Phoenix area (which is usually around 115 degrees Fahrenheit [46 degrees Celsius] on any given day between June and August) to travel up to Prescott, Arizona which, on Saturday, was between 80 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit (26-32 degrees Celsius).
Yes, for most people Prescott is pretty hot in the summer.  Vlad's town up in BC, Canada doesn't get that hot on it's hottest day. However, for use Arizonan's suffering from burnt hands and broiled brains, Prescott weather is a dream come true.

We went to a swap mart and a farmers market.  At the swap mart Vlad saw his first gun that wasn't a pistol (absolutely crazy how different British Columbia and Arizona are in the weapons department). There were shotguns, rifles, handguns galore. There were also fantastically beautiful knives and swords. 
Then we went to the Prescott Valley farmer market where I saw no less then three people knitting (1 adult and 2 young adults)- something you never see in Phoenix.

Then we all went to lunch!


We then went shopping around downtown Prescott.  After a little of that we all met up and searched out a lovely local yarn store, A Good Yarn. (their website) This is, without a doubt, the best LYS I have ever been to.  The people there (owner, workers, and customers) were so nice and welcoming.  They were easy to talk to and ready to help.  This yarn shop is not just a knitting shop...it is a yarn shop.  The have knitting, crochet, needlework, weeeving, spinning, etc.  I was just blown away.  I, of course, had to get some yarn! It was a fantastic experience and I can't wait to go again.

After that adventure we went to Lynx Lake.  Vlad and I go on a canoe for about an hour and explored the lake.  It was so gorgeous.  There were storm clouds in the distance but not near the lake.  Instead, everything was calm, a gentle breeze was all that stirred besides us. After that adventure we had a picnic! 

It was so fun just hanging out and enjoying each other. I had a fantastic time (as I always do in Prescott) and I can't wait for another day trip like this one. Thank you Mommy and Daddy, for everything!

Love,
LeeAnn


p.s. here is a sneak peek of something I'm working on:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! I had soooo much fun too...was relaxing...yet we were active. Only thing missing was the dogs. Next time we'll have to bring our 4-footed buddies too :)
xxxooo
mommy

Anonymous said...

I really like the "Vlad in the tree" pic. Not so much the "lazy mommy" pic.
:)
mommy

LeeAnn Purtha said...

I would loveee to have the puppies come too! =] That would be fantastic.