Friday, July 2, 2010

Finished Project: Baby Blanket


Baby Blanket
Pattern: Baby Blanket for Girl (My Ravelry Project Page)
(Stitch inspiration: dc, sc, 5-dc shell)
Size made: 30"x17"  (with border: 31.5"x18.5")
Craft: Crochet  
Made for: My godmothers daughter who is having a baby girl.

Materials
Needle used:  I (5.5 mm)
Yarn used: Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport
Color: Pretty Ombre
Bought at: Michaels
Use yarn again? Yes, it is nice and soft and they colors are beautiful. The variegated yarn looked very nice when crocheted (something that I don't say often!)

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: June 19th to July 1st 2010
Modifications: I didn't follow a specific pattern for this blanket.  I was searching and searching for something to make for a baby that could be a last minute project (I started the project right when I found out about the pregnancy and the due date is for the end of July-so I didn't have much time.) I wish I could have done something really nice and vintage looking but giving the time constraint I  knew I needed to do crochet.  Since I couldn't find a pattern that would fit what I was looking for I decided just to do double crochet. So, I chained 96 and did dc's all the way until I felt it was big enough.  I then did a border in sc with the variegated yarn.  Then I changed to a white yarn and did another border row of sc.  I finished with a shell border continuing in the white yarn.
*The 96 chain created the length of the blanket (30")
Make this pattern again?: Yes indeed, but only if time is short.  I would love to make a nicer blanket to welcome a baby into the world but this turned out to be much more lovely that I had forseen.
 
 
 

Love, 
LeeAnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It IS lovely. Nice and soft too. This is one of those little blankets good for an infant, but also great for a toddler to carry around as a security blanket (lovey or bubba). I'm sure Aleesa will love it.
xxxooo
mommy