Thursday, April 14, 2011

Finished Project: A Touch of Green

A Touch of Green
Size made: smaller than the regular size
Craft: Knit 

Materials
Needle used: US 8 (5.0 mm)
Yarn used:  NaturallyCaron.com spa
Color:  0004 Green Sheen
Yardage Used:  254 yards (a bit over one skein)

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: April 6th to April 8th, 2011
Made for:  Me!
 Modifications:  I CO 60 stitches and didn't knit as many rows as called for for the fronts of the wrap.  I just wanted to have something to cover my shoulders for when I wear my dresses especially so that I can wear them to church and other such places.
Make this pattern again? Yes.  I would like to make this pattern as written for a nice fall layer.  I think this is such a cute pattern and the versatility of it is so wonderful especially because it is instant gratification project.
Final thoughts/ recommendations: I also wore this the other day as a cover up for some tank tops and I really liked how it looked! I'll have to take better pictures of this project and I'll update it when I do.  I definitely recommend this and I love how easy it is to modify for desired style and body shape.

 What I learned/practiced in this pattern: Using crochet to make clean borders in knitting and I worked on my patience for stockinette stitch.

Love, 
LeeAnn

No comments: