Monday, October 18, 2010

Finished Project: Athena

 
Athena
Size made: One size fits all
Craft: Knit

Materials
Needle used: US 7 circular, US 8 circular
Yarn used: Cascade Yarns 220 Heathers
Color: Grey 9491
Bought at: a LYS in Shelton, Washington
Use yarn again? Oh man, yes, yes, yes. I wish I could only use these nice yarns all the time. Maybe some day. I've been so spoiled lately with nice yarn and I'm enjoying every knit I can squeeze out of these skeins. =] Thank you mommy and daddy for this lovely yarn!

Project Details and Feedback
Duration of Project: September 27th to October 5th, 2010
Modifications: I wasn't a fan of the cables in the pattern so I decided to change them.  I had bought a book with cable stitches and patterns in it.  In the book I fell in love with the elongated cable. So I decided to try to do the elongated cable instead.  I also decided that I wanted the cables to turn inward at the front, and because I am very particular about everything being even, balanced, symmetrical, etc. so for the cable in the middle of my back I made it alternate between each direction. (The cable pattern I used can be seen in the second picture down.)  I'm pretty sure that the cables were my only modifications to this pattern except some adjustments I made as I went to make the underarm seems cleaner.
Make this pattern again? Yes, I think so. This was a very good pattern.  Fun, easy, quick and it didn't take that much yarn (which I was hoping for).  I am looking forward to being able to wear it.  I however do not think that this is one of those patterns where you need or would want more than one at a time. ha! Oh, and I also love how it was done from the top down so that I could make this as long as I wanted without worry and...no seeming!





Love, 
LeeAnn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think this is amazing. And looks so nice on you. Can't wait until you make me a sweater :)
xxxooo mom

txjanet said...

I like your change to the cables. The original is nice too, it's just nice to see what different people make with the same pattern! Might try it on mine! Thanks for sharing!

LeeAnn Purtha said...

Thank you! I had fun with it, hope you do too!!