Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Quite a Day

Today was rather interesting, to say the least.

I received word from my doctors office that my blood test results had come in and that my Thyroid hormone number was off.  We scheduled another blood test in a month, May 13th, to see if my tests are normal or not. I'm not worried.  My sister has a condition with the Thyroid called Hashimoto's, however I do have different symptoms.  It is a hypothyroidism and all you really need to do is take some pills to help your thyroid out.  I really am not worried. The only thing I care about is being able to be with my husband and to have children (hopefully in about 3 or 4 years!) and a thyroid condition won't affect than. I trust that my doctor is not worried because he's waiting a month in-between tests, so I am going to go with his expertise on this and trust him. I'll let you know when I know something new! So, until then.... =]

A project I have been planning and working on long and hard is finally official.  Invitation will be going out to those invited for the very first meeting of A Tight Knit Group!!!  I am so very excited about this.  This group is for crocheters and knitters alike to just come together and share our love for needleworks and to inspire each other.  Living in Arizona, it is hard for us yarn artists to really connect with one another, or have the motivation to work on projects in the summer. My goal for this group is to change that.  I want to create a loving community of many different ages and interests but one common goal; to improve our ability in knitting or crochet.  Fantastic, huh?!  So the first meeting is on the second Thursday of May. It will be a basic introductory meeting about what my goal is for the group and different ways to explore the world of knit and crochet.  My mother is going to be leading it with me.

My mommy is the wonderful person that taught me how to crochet in the first place and has always inspired me to keep going at it and try new things.  This inspiration let me to learning how to knit.  I'm probably at about the stage of an advanced beginner and am still working hard.  My goal right now is working on speed (I have the perfectionist thing down pat) and my huge project goal for the year is a sweater/cardigan...yes, a sweater or a cardigan!!!

I can only hope that through A Tight Knit Group I will be able to inspire others like my mommy has inspired me.  The blog for A Tight Knit Group is... a-tight-knit-group.blogspot.com. I'll be featuring anything from updates on meetings and meeting recaps (for those who might have missed) to finished projects by our wonderful members or new patterns I might find.

Here is a sneak peak of something I'm working on right now...

Also, I cam home today to a lovely surprise from my parents...

...flowers... <3
I think they brighten the room wonderfully, don't you!?


Thank you mommy and daddy, they are beautiful! <3 Welcome home, I missed you guys!

Love always,
LeeAnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love when you write down your thoughts...
Can't wait for our first meeting :) Know that you are very excited...makes me excited too!
xxxooo
mommy