~A habit of mind is knowing how to behave intelligently when you don't know the answer.
~A habit of mind means having a disposition toward behaving intelligently when confronted with problems, the answers to which are not immediately known.
There are 16 habits of mind:
- sticking to something...even when it is difficult.
- let others understand you and understand yourself
- don't eat that because you are bored, don't check facebook or your email again...
- smell, hear, feel, see, taste what you're learning and doing.
- listen to what they are saying you instead of thinking about what you are going to say when they stop talking, be an active listener
- think differently to change things up for the better
- you don't have to change your beliefs or ideas but accept the possibility of it
- a skill are art that makes you truly appreciate what you are doing and allows you to fully enjoy the situation you are in...no matter how mundane it might be.
- think about what your mind thinks about, think before you talk, and stop negative thoughts that are in your head in their tracks...the power of positive thinking
- don't be afriad to try new things
- anything worth doing is worth doing right
- don't be afraid to laugh at yourself every now and then...plus, laughing is healthy for you
- ask questions to advance learning, don't just ask questions to be difficult
- share ideas and think with others, two minds are better then one
- create connections with the present and the past, make your learning active learning
- evaluate yourself everyday, know where you are improving or need help
...plus...everyone is a student.